- This event has passed.
Community Journalism for Social Movements: Training and Discussion
February 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join us for “Community Journalism for Social Movements: Training and Discussion” on February 25th, 1pm – 2:30pm at the East Side Freedom Library.
For this Journalism of Color training, learn how to use journalism as a tool for building community power and to report on social change work. Journalism of Color emphasizes:
- Disrupting traditional narratives about historically-marginalized communities and systems of oppression
- Elevating the voices and experiences of historically-marginalized communities
- Writing for and by historically-marginalized communities
- Creating journalism, journalism spaces, and journalism tools that are easily accessed by these communities and can be practiced by these communities
- Developing localized journalism structures and processes, and community-based journalism and journalistic literacy.
Join us for a Journalism of Color training and discussion. Light snacks will be provided. Childcare will be available. Free and Open to All.
For more information, contact Cirien Saadeh at email@example.com or 952-426-2429. Or the East Side Freedom Library at firstname.lastname@example.org and 651-230-3294. The East Side Freedom Library is located at East Side Freedom Library, 1105 Greenbrier Street, Saint Paul, MN 55106.